Hi Im Hugo! I started making music earlier in August in 2018 because it was fun and I enjoyed the process! I had my first performance in September 2018 and was able to complete 2 projects this year! Really excited for what 2019 has in store for me what ever that maybe. I’m also still in school right now my gpa is at 3.5 I’m going to try and get that up to 3.8 and eventually 4.0 though!
1) What inspired you to be a part of the music industry?
I’ve always loved music and the effect and energy it can have on somebody so I figured I should try and create something that has a strong impact the same way some art moves me!
2) What are your thoughts on the hip-hop industry at the moment?
As far as being in it money kinda ruins a lot of chances to hear good artist from being heard. That should deter you from your goals and dreams though, self belief should hold more value that any dollar ever can. No rap cap!
3) Do you enjoy grinding it out independently or would you prefer to be signed to a major label?
The indie grind is something a lot of people told me is a burn, however being in the music as well as film industry, working indie gives you a chance to network and learn new approaches, rather than having someone at a label handle everything for you. If i were to sign to a label I’d have to be very confident the terms agreed by both parties.
4) What do you think goes into building a loyal fanbase?
Building a loyal fan base requires patience and tranquility especially at the indie level. You meet some shady people who are gonna call you trash and try and do you dirty but worry about the things you can control, for example, the music you provide to your fans.
5) What sort of online promo and marketing are you doing to reach your fanbase?
Soundcloud reposts mainily some promotional companies have hit me up but their packages aren’t in the budget for an indie artist in my opinion.
6) If you could collaborate with any well-known artist who would it be?
Top 5 no order?
7) What are your plans for your next project?
After I drop my tape in January, I would like to start working on a few collabs with some artist local to me! Release maybe a few singles before spring to start working on my summer hits!